We are a fast growing, dynamic strategy consulting firm. We recruit individuals who have a strong academic background and a history of accomplishments within their respective fields. We are currently hiring Consultants, Associates and Project Managers. If you are interested in working with us, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Consultant assumes responsibility for a specific area of an assignment and plays an active role in all aspects of the work: identifying issues, forming hypotheses, designing and conducting analyses, synthesizing conclusions, and helping to implement changes. Discussions with, and presentations to, client senior management are common. Consultants are encouraged to test their boundaries in problem solving, try different types of assignments, and push themselves.
Consulting Skills: A blend of talents and skills is required of successful Consultant candidates, including intellectual ability, strong analytic skills, imagination and creativity, judgment and maturity, curiosity, interpersonal skills, ability to work in a team environment, high energy level, professional integrity, and demonstrated leadership.
The Consultant candidate will typically have:
- Excellent undergraduate degree (BA, BSc, BEng or equivalent) from a top tier university
- 3-6 months of experience with industry or functional work
- Business-level fluency in English and Chinese
- Willingness to travel
- International experience acquired through internships or study abroad
- Possession of excellent oral and written communication skills
- Effectiveness in the use of computer tools, e.g., spreadsheets and databases
The Associate takes a leading role in identifying issues, forming hypotheses, designing and conducting analyses, structuring workplans, synthesizing conclusions, making presentations, and helping to implement changes. Discussions with, and presentations to, client senior management are common. Depending on his/her skill and experience level, an associate will be responsible for one or more distinct parts of a problem. He/she will need to provide leadership in this particular area and is expected to make recommendations based on his/her work. Associate first focuses on problem solving, communications and other core consulting skills. His/her level of responsibility is determined by demonstrated ability in these areas.
Consulting Skills: A blend of talents and skills is required of successful Associate candidates, including intellectual ability, excellent analytical skills, with the capability to perform sophisticated hypothesis-driven analyses, imagination and creativity, judgment and maturity, curiosity, interpersonal skills, ability to work in a team environment, high energy level, professional integrity, and demonstrated leadership.
The Associate candidate will typically have:
- An advanced degree, such as MS, MBA, or PhD
- 3-5 years of relevant industry or functional work experience showing strong career progression and (academic) achievement
- Flexible, powerful intellect
- Strong team orientation – active listening, commitment to others’ success
- Demonstrated leadership and initiative
- Strong analytic skills
- Profound verbal and written skills (fluent in English and Chinese)
- Willingness to travel
- Creativity and curiosity
- Judgment and maturity
- High energy level
- Professional integrity
- Cultural sensitivity
- Possession of excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to interact effectively with all levels of management
Practical experience in one or more of the following:
- Strategy or strategic planning
- Strategic project leadership
- Organizational restructuring/transformation
- Finance or business operations
- Business development, marketing, or sales
The Project Manager (PM) is responsible for the day-to-day running of the project and works with a full-time client team leader that is a senior executive of the business to develop a strategy and plan of action. The PM works in partnership with the client to structure the approach and analysis as well as focus and prioritize efforts on different emerging opportunities for the business.
These efforts might include finding new markets to enter, potential acquisitions, performance improvements, organizational changes, and driving key choices and recommendations as to which opportunities to pursue and how. Part of the PM’s role is to manage each of the team members’ work and ensure the elements of the project are integrated into a coherent and clearly communicated strategy and plan. The PM may also spend time with the client team leader and senior executives to help them understand the insights emerging from the work and discuss choices and recommendations.
- An advanced degree (such as MS and/or MBA) from a top tier university
- 5-8 years of professional experience – ideally gained in a top strategy consulting organization or in a combination of both blue chip corporate business and top strategy consulting firm
- Relevant industry or functional work experience (preferably, in industrials or manufacturing), demonstrating rapid career progression & strong track record especially in project management
- Flexibility and commercialism to manage a diverse range of responsibilities in a dynamic and results oriented international environment
- Ability to build effective relationships, manage people, drive change, and accomplish challenging goals
- Fluent in English and Chinese (oral and written)
- Willingness to travel
- Ability to lead teams in an autonomous strategic consulting environment and be seen as a strong team player with excellent communication & client handling skills
- Viewed by clients as an expert whom they turn to for help and advice
- Ability to identify & exploit new business opportunities as they come to light & involve the senior team to further develop them
- Self-motivated with strong intellectual creativity and curiosity
- Excellent analytical and conceptual skills, with the capability to structure and oversee sophisticated analyses
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, with the ability to interact effectively with all levels of management
- High energy level, with strong sense of commitment and pride for work
- Professional integrity and cultural sensitivity
About Gao Feng
Gao Feng Advisory Company (www.gaofengadv.com) is a professional strategy and management consulting firm with roots in China coupled with global vision, capabilities, and a broad resources network. We help our clients address and solve their toughest business and management issues — issues that arise in the current fast-changing, complicated and ambiguous operating environment. We commit to putting our clients’ interest first and foremost. We are objective and we view our client engagements as long-term relationships rather than one-off projects. We not only help our clients “formulate” the solutions but also assist in implementation, often hand-in-hand. We believe in teaming and working together to add value and contribute to problem solving for our clients, from the most junior to the most senior.
Our senior team is made up of seasoned consultants previously at leading management consulting firms and/or ex-top executives at large corporations. We believe this combination of management theory and operational experience would deliver the most benefit to our clients.
Our name Gao Feng is taken from the Song Dynasty Chinese proverb Gao Feng Liang Jie. Gao Feng denotes noble character while Liang Jie refers to a sharp sense of integrity. We believe that this principle lies at the core of management consulting – a truly trustworthy partner who will help clients tackle their toughest issues.
Please follow our public wechat account if you want to read more articles: Gaofengadv